- When you download an app (including the Virgin Red app) you will have been asked if it was allowed to "track your activity across other companies and website". if you selected "Ask app not to track" this may prevent retailers from seeing that you arrived at their site via Virgin Red and therefore they will not award your Virgin Points.
You can check and change this permission in the settings area of your phone.
- Make sure you log in your Virgin Red account and select the Retailer you wish to purchase through. Click the 'Shop Now' button to go through to the retailers website to make sure your purchase is recorded. Do not use the retailers app to shop as this breaks the link from Virgin Red and the retailers will not award your points as they will assume you arrived direct from their app.
- Complete your purchase online, all in one go - navigating away from the page to check something may break the session link and the retailer will not be able to see you purchased through Virgin Red and will not award the points.
- Don't use a voucher code or discount that is not provided on the Virgin Red site. Even if the retailer offers a discount at checkout this will likely mean they will not award Virgin Points as well as giving you a discount
- If you decide after you have completed your purchase that you want to buy something else, close the retailer site window and start the process again from the Virgin Red app or Red Web.
- If you have visited the site already, have something in your basket and then decided to purchase through Virgin Red, empty your basket, and start a new session from scratch by clicking through from Virgin Red to the retailer.
- Don't click on another banner or website promoting the retailer, or retailer's own eNewsletter before you complete your transaction. If you must visit another site before completing your purchase, please use a different browser to do so. Interrupting the browser session that started from Virgin Red can affect tracking.
- Don't use "refer a friend" programs, as this will change the route you entered the site by and the retailer will not reward you with Virgin Points - they will only pay for one referral!
- Telephoning or going to the physical store of the retailer to complete or modify your order will likely over-ride the Virgin Red referral (and therefore your Virgin Points).
- Increasingly some advert blocking software programs prevent the special tracking codes we need to track your purchases, please disable your program before using Virgin Red.
If, after all this, you still think you did everything right and your purchase hasn't tracked then please contact Virgin Red Member Support for help. We will need the details of your purchase and a screen shot of your invoice so that we can approach the retailer for help.